Support SB 1461 by handwriting individual letters to every Senator on the Education Committee. Here's how:
Sylvia Allen, Member
Carlyle Begay, Member
David Bradley, Member
Jeff Dial, Member
Steve Smith, Member
Kelli Ward, Chairman
Kimberly Yee, Vice-Chairman
When writing a letter:
- Please be courteous and respectful.
- If you are pressed for time, send an email instead.
- Written or printed letters make a BIG impact.
- Remember that your Senator is a public servant who is trying to help.
- Remember to thank your Senator.
Sample letter format:
I am reaching out today because I support SB 1461 introduced by Senator Kelli Ward.
Helping struggling readers and those with dyslexia is an important issue and impacts my family because_____ (write at least a few sentences to personalize your letter).
This bill will help support both teachers and students with dyslexia in Arizona. I would like to ask you to please support this bill.
Thank you for your time and service.
(Your City), AZ (Your Zip Code)
Arizona State Senate
1700 W. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2890